Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: animal rights, bristol, film, polish club, vegetables, vegetarian
Wanna eat healthily and compassionately without giving up your favourite treat foods?
Do you wonder why we love dogs, eat pigs and wear cows?
The ‘Vegucate Bristol Film Series’ is tailor-made for you!
It shows you the all-round benefits of a plant-based lifestyle through screenings of life-altering, award-winning documentary films on this subject over 6 weeks, every Tuesday evening from April 2nd to May 7th.
Film shown tonight: Vegucated
- Part sociological experiment and part adventure comedy, VEGUCATED follows three meat- and cheese-loving New Yorkers who agree to adopt a plant-based diet for six weeks.
- Trailer available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKzng1_byMY
- More info available on http://www.getvegucated.com
The evening also includes:
FREE pizzas and snacks | stand-up comedian | raffle | discussion
- All food served is 100% plant-based.
- All funds raised go to Vegfam charity, who feeds the hungry across the globe without animal exploitation.
- Date: 2 April 2013 (Tues.)
- Time: 6:30 – 10pm
- Venue: Polish Club, 50 St Paul’s Rd, Clifton, Bristol BS8 1LP, United Kingdom
- Admission FREE, donations welcome! (Suggested donation: £2)
- Capacity: 150 people (strictly FIRST COME FIRST SERVED)
- No prior reservations required, admission begins at 6:30 and ends at 7:00 sharp, so arrive early to avoid disappointment!
Schedule (subject to minor changes):
6:30 – 7:00 FREE pizzas and snacks
7:00 – 7:15 Comedy (comedian TBC)
7:15 – 8:30 Film ‘Vegucated’
8:30 – 8:50 Raffle ticket sale and snacks
8:50 – 9:00 Raffle prize draw
9:00 – 10:00 Discussion (panel members TBC)
Film series links:
• April 2nd (Vegucated) http://www.facebook.com/events/186767368135132/?ref=14
• April 9th (Planeat) http://www.facebook.com/events/421649501237594/
• April 16th (Got the Facts on Milk?) http://www.facebook.com/events/515382371829666/
• April 23rd (Vegucated) http://www.facebook.com/events/323746284397337/
• April 30th (Forks over Knives) http://www.facebook.com/events/236839843115408/
• May 7th (Peaceable Kingdom: The Journey Home) http://www.facebook.com/events/103116129863602/
- Right by the building called ‘Arlington Villas’
- Opposite the only bus station (Sunderland Place) on St Paul’s Rd
- On foot – The Polish Club is located in the Clifton (BS8) area of Bristol, within walking distance of both the University of Bristol Student Union and the heart of the Bristol Uni campus.
- Car parking – Clifton is not known for its great parking facilities. If you’re lucky, you may be able to find parking slots in the streets leading to the Polish Club. The closest car park to the venue is the West End car park (which is on top of the store ‘Bathstore’ on Jacobs Well Rd). It is accessible by turning left at the junction outside Yo-yo Burger on the Clifton Triangle.
- Bike parking – the closest and most available bike sheds are those outside the Student Union building (either on Richmond Hill Avenue or on Gordon Road outside Bar 100 in the Union building).
- By bus – the Polish Club is just opposite the ‘Sunderland Place’ bus stop for bus no. 9 on St Paul’s Rd.
- By local rail – the closest rail station is the Clifton Down railway station, located just next to the Clifton Down Shopping Centre on Whiteladies Rd. The local railway network covers plenty of areas of Bristol, such as Clifton, Montpelier, Redland, Stapleton, Bedminster and others.
- By national rail – if you’re travelling to Bristol from elsewhere, you’ll end up in the Bristol Temple Meads Railway Station, which is right in the centre of town. The easiest way of getting to the Polish Club from there is by taxi.
Volunteers are welcome! If interested, please get in touch with me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would also welcome any support from you in providing food for the nights – a perfect opportunity to show off your cookery skills! (We would deeply appreciate it if all food providers could make sure all food served is 100% plant-based)
For further enquiries, contact our community Vegucate Bristol by email at email@example.com or by phone on 07786850945.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment